Welcome to the 2012 NCOTA Annual Fall Conference. Here are some highlights of what is available this year.
We will have an inspiring Keynote presentation on Saturday morning and the Capstone Address on Ethics on Sunday will satisfy the NCBOT license renewal requirement.
There are 4 breakout session times with 2 hour workshops available in 5 tracks: Pediatrics, General, Physical Disabilities, Mental Health, and Geriatrics/Assistive Technology. The Special Interest Section Buzz Sessions, facilitated by an expert practitioner, provide an opportunity to meet and network with other people in your practice area. New this year are the manned posters and Vendor demonstrations on Saturday evening. This means you will be able to get continuing education credit for viewing posters and learning about products / services from vendors.
Altogether there is the opportunity for 15 hours of continuing education credit, which fully satisfies the license renewal requirement. Back this year, by popular demand, is the Silent Auction which will help raise money for the NCOTA Scholarship Fund. In addition there will be a raffle, with prizes awarded on Sunday during the NCOTA Annual Business Meeting and Awards Luncheon.
Brenda Kennell, OTR/L NCOTA Continuing Education Chair Occupational Therapist / State Certified Driving Instructor Driver Rehabilitation Services
- Online Registration Here - CLOSED. On-site registration is available in Winston-Salem.
- CONFERENCE REGISTRATION - Policies and info, link to online registration.
- HOTEL INFORMATION - Lodging and accommodations.
- EDUCATIONAL SESSIONS LISTINGS - Descriptions on the educational program and its topics.
- EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM - Info on credits, continuing education, etc.
- SOCIAL ACTIVITIES - Special events to be held.
- POSTER PRESENTATIONS - Research that will be on display.
NCOTA Members receive a substantially discounted rate on conference attendance. If you want to join to receive the member registration rate, go to the website: www.ncota.org and join online OR download a membership form and submit with your registration OR complete the membership application on the back of the registration page. If you pay by check, submit 2 separate checks?one for registration and one for membership.
- Online Registration - CLOSED. You may register onsite in Winston-Salem.
- Download & Print Registration Form - For faxing to NCOTA offices.
- Registration status - Your membership status will be verified with the membership database. If you register as a member and your membership status is not current, you must join or pay the difference (non-member rate) in order to attend.
- Confirmations - All registrations received by Ocotber 10th will receive a confirmation email prior to conference. If you do not receive a confirmation email by October 10th, contact the NCOTA office.
- Cancellation Deadline - Full refund less $25 administrative fee will be given if notification of cancellation is received by September 20, 2011. After that date, no refunds are permitted, but you may substitute another person to use the registration.
- No faxed or mailed registrations will be accepted after October 13, 2012. Online registration will not be available after that date.
- On-site registration will be available. There is a $20.00 fee in addition to the regular registration rate when registering on-site.
Hotel & Lodging Information
There are many hotels in the area. This is Homecoming Weekend for WSSU, so we recommend you get a room early. The address of the conference center is 3333 Silas Creek Parkway Winston-Salem, NC 27103 if you are using MapQuest or other search resources. An email was sent to our list on August 13 with some details.
Professional Development/Educational Program
- Educational sessions include clinical knowledge and skills, career development, and other topics related to 7 Special Interest Sections.
- Earn up to 15 contact hours of CE credit all for a single conference registration
Continuing competency: All professional development programs offered by NCOTA are pre-approved for continuing competency credit by the North Carolina Board of Occupational Therapy (NCBOT). An NCOTA certificate of attendance detailing sessions/hours accrued will be issued to registered attendees. Attendance will be recorded at each session.
Special Events & Activities
Saturday, 9:45-11:45 am Keynote Address
Listening Project: Transformative Personal and Social Change Through Deep Listening and Cooperative Community Action
2012 Reception and Silent Auction - 5:30 - 7:30 pm
PAC and Legislative Updates
Manned Poster Session & Exhibit Hall Open
After a day of learning, join us Saturday evening for refreshment and hours d'oeuvres, socialize with friends and collegues, and talk with NCOTA leadership about advocacy issues and future plans. Donations (personal checks) accepted to Friends of OT PAC.
Get involved! Sign-up board will be available for committees and volunteer opportunities. Bring promotional material for your workplace or programs. During this time, poster authors will be present to discuss their findings. **Continuing education credit is available for these presentations.
For immediate questions, send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Program 2012.pdf||1.52 MB|