It is the mission of the Mental Health Special Interest Section to provide information and resources to occupational therapy practitioners in mental health practice.
Now is an extremely dramatic time in the field of mental health within the state of North Carolina. It is both challenging and exciting with all the changes that are taking place. We aim to be a forum that encourages creative approaches for discussing and responding to the issues that surround this changing workplace.
As the Mental Health Special Interest Section Chair, I am interested in your suggestions, questions and comments. Please let me know if I can help provide information or resources with any psychosocial practice needs or concerns. If you would be interested getting involved with the Mental Health Special Interest Section, for example contributing an article or giving a presentation relevant to psychosocial practice, please contact me, Allison Taylor, at email@example.com
Mental Health Resources & Links
State & National
- Mental Health America of the Triangle http://mhatriangle.org/
- National Mental Health Association (NMHA)
- Mental Health Association (MHA) in North Carolina
- National Association of State Mental Health Program Directors - NASMHPD
- State Division of Mental Health, Developmental Disabilities and Substance Abuse Services
- National Mental Health Information Center
- The Association of Occupational Therapists in Mental Health (UK site)
- Mental Health Services in Schools
- OT’s Role in Community Mental Health per AOTA
- National Empowerment Center – a site dedicated to consumer recovery & empowerment